Azumino is a playground settled in the Japanese Alps. Azumino is known for alpine trekking and hiking for all levels, but there are nature education centers, museums, and even the tourist office to help you get outdoors and enjoy nature. There is bird watching, nature walking, cycling, fishing, camping, rafting, mountain biking, and even paragliding. Azumino is blessed with all four seasons which means cherry blossoms in the spring, skiing nearby in the Hakuba mountain range in the winter, a landscape of reds and yellows in the fall, and lush greens dotted by colorful flowers in the summer.
Depending on the season there is also fruit picking, vegetable harvesting, traditional crafts, and Japanese cooking. See also page 6 of Azumino Exploring Guide (PDF) in the Map & Suggested Courses page for other activities.
Search by Map
- Toyoshina AreaRising Dragon Sakura Trail ～Mt. Hikarujo Hike～Mid-Apr. to Early May
- Horigane/Misato AreaBlueberry Azumino3876 Misato OguraAdult: ¥1,000 includes a 400 g pack of blueberries and all-you-can-eat!
- Hotaka Sta. AreaGlass Bottom Boat, Rafting3640 Hotaka
- Toyoshina AreaGlass Blowing (Azumino Glass Studio)5076-17 Toyoshina Minamihotaka
- Hotaka Sta. AreaSoba Making3029‐1 Hotaka